5.17.2011

I'm Hunting Goodwill


data-pin-color="red">
 
 
Have you seen the blog "Mr. Goodwill Hunting"?  I love this guy because he does what I've been doing for some time now, hunting through Goodwill and making things beautiful, check out his blog at http://www.rashoncarraway.com/
 
Since I live on a very tight budget and love beautiful and expensive things I often hunt through thrift stores, consignment stores, antique stores and garage sales.  You have to train your eye to look beyond the gross color or grime and see its possibilities.  It can be painted, or it can be cleaned, right?  My mom has taught me how to look closely and not be deceived! 
 
Above are picture of my daughters room, which I bought it all at the places mentioned above or they have been sale-finds at other inexpensive stores.  I'll let you in on my secrets of where I found each item.  Sometimes you have to clean it up, paint it, sew it or be creative!  Click on the pic below to see it more clearly.

 
 
but keep in mind you have keep your eyes peeled and see the potential rather than the face value.
 
XO,
 
Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment